Sausage and Pumpkin Pasta for Two Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1 Italian turkey sausage link (4 ounces), casing removed
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the sausage, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chicken broth, pumpkin, wine, sage, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Drain pasta; add to the skillet and heat through. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cup: 347 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Sausage and Pumpkin Pasta for Two
"Ok, but did not make the keeper file."
"This recipe tastes delicious! I forgot to put in the parmesan cheese the first time I made it and it stilled tasted great. I've used salami instead of the sausage as well."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.