"We really enjoy this meal. Cubed leftover turkey may be substituted for sausage.” Just add to the skillet with the cooked pasta for a fast meal." Katie Wollgast — Florissant, Missouri
- 1 cup uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1 Italian turkey sausage link (4 ounces), casing removed
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the sausage, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chicken broth, pumpkin, wine, sage, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain pasta; add to the skillet and heat through. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sausage and Pumpkin Pasta for Two in Healthy Cooking
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sausage and Pumpkin Pasta for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review