Sausage and Potatoes Skillet Recipe
Eggs in the morning just aren't the same without sausage and potatoes. These two favorite breakfast side dishes are conveniently cooked in the same skillet, so you only dirty one pan.
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cut sausage links into bite-size pieces. In a covered skillet, cook sausage in water and oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Carefully add potatoes, red pepper and onion to pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Return sausage to pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 337 calories, 29 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC