When I was first married a few years back, I could barely make scrambled eggs with a recipe! This is the first recipe I've ever created. Its success encouraged my interest in cooking.
Recommended: 36 Savory Suppertime Pies
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 cup shredded raw potato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine sausage, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup onion, bread crumbs and water. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie pan, forming a rim along edge of pan. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until juices run clear; drain. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings. Add potato; cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add green pepper and the remaining onion. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper; stir in cheddar cheese. Add to skillet; reduce heat and cook for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are slightly moist. Spoon into sausage shell. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella; crumble bacon over top. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage and Potato Pie in Country Pork 1996, p86
Reviews for Sausage and Potato Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review