Sausage and Mushroom Stew
The perfect dish for a hungry hardworking bunch, this savory stew has a hearty sausage flavor and a delicious creamy sauce. Lots of vegetables add color and interest to each ladleful.Ann Nace, Perkasie, Pennsylvania
More Chicken Mushroom Stew Recipes »
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh green beans, halved
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- In an ovenproof 5-qt. Dutch oven or baking dish, combine the first
- seven ingredients. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours.
- Uncover and stir. Add the cabbage. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer
- or until vegetables are tender. Stir before serving.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer