Sausage and Mushroom Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Pizza is perfect for breakfast or brunch when it's made with this recipe. Sometimes, I put it together the night before, refrigerate and bake it in the morning. My family always requests this hearty pizza.
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 20 biscuits
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cover the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with biscuits; set aside. Crumble sausage into large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain; place sausage in a bowl and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter for 3-5 minutes or until tender; add to the sausage.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until nearly set. Add sausage and vegetable mixture; cook and stir until completely set.
- 4. Spread egg mixture over biscuits. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 400° for 12 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-13 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 428 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 370mg cholesterol, 826mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Sausage and Mushroom Breakfast Pizza
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC