Sausage and Lentil Soup Recipe
A field editor from Casper, Wyoming, Kathy Anderson suggests serving her soup with sourdough bread.
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the next nine ingredients.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Add lentils. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 145 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC