- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the next nine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Add lentils. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Sausage Lentil Soup in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p17
Reviews for Sausage and Lentil Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2015
"This was great. My first time using lentils and I really liked them. This is a nice heartycold day meal. Thanks for sharing!"
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2012
"tasty and very satisfying soup, great for those colder months"
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2011
"One of our favorite soups. We double the recipe every time we make it."