A field editor from Casper, Wyoming, Kathy Anderson suggests serving her soup with sourdough bread.
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the next nine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Add lentils. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Sausage Lentil Soup in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p17
Reviews for Sausage and Lentil Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review