Pizza for breakfast? Kids of all ages will love making—and munching—this hearty meal-in-one made with convenient crescent rolls and frozen hash browns. "It's great for brunch, camping or whenever you want to feed a lot of people at one time," writes Rae Truax of Mattawa, Washington.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Unroll crescent dough and place on a greased 12-in. pizza pan; press seams together and press up sides of pan to form a crust.
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; drain and cool slightly. Sprinkle the sausage, hash browns and cheddar cheese over crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper; pour over pizza. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 28-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Pizza in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p40
Reviews for Sausage and Hashbrown Breakfast Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review