I love breakfast pizza, but not all the fat and calories that go along with it. My lighter version gives you a big energy boost whether you eat it at brunch, dinner or somewhere in between. —Vicki Meyers, Castalia, Ohio
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles; arrange in a single layer on a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Press onto pan to form a crust and seal seams; pinch edge to form a rim. Bake 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and mushrooms are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Drain and remove sausage mixture. Add hash browns, garlic salt and pepper to the same skillet; cook and stir until browned.
- Sprinkle sausage mixture over prepared crust; layer with potatoes, green onions, red pepper and cheese. Carefully pour egg substitute over top. Bake 10-12 minutes or until egg is set and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Sausage and Egg Pizza in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p39
Reviews for Sausage and Egg Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review