Sausage and Egg Grits Recipe
- 4 breakfast turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk, divided
- 3 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Whisk egg substitute and 1/4 cup milk; add to same skillet. Cook and stir until set; remove from the heat.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring water, salt and remaining milk to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Stir in half of the cheese. Add the sausage, eggs, green onions and pepper; heat through. Serve in bowls; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 208 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat
Reviews for Sausage and Egg Grits
"this was not good at all."