- 4 breakfast turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk, divided
- 3 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Whisk egg substitute and 1/4 cup milk; add to same skillet. Cook and stir until set; remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, bring water, salt and remaining milk to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in half of the cheese. Add the sausage, eggs, green onions and pepper; heat through. Serve in bowls; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage and Egg Grits in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p32
Reviews for Sausage and Egg Grits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2012
"this was not good at all."