Sausage and Egg Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, salt and mustard. Stir in bread cubes, cheese and sausage.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage and Egg Casserole
Sort By :
Great easy recipe and I like quick and easy :-)
Great recipe--I consider myself a connoisseur of breakfast recipes, always looking for ways to boost protein for my 2 boys to begin each day. This recipe proved to be not too mushy, as some recipes with egg and bread tend to be. Just to be sure, I did toast the bread before cubing, and I cooked 5-10 minutes longer than recipe read.
Great!! Easy!! Followed the recipe exact and we loved it!
I have been making this recipe for years and is the one I keep going back to. I sauté a few fresh mushrooms and a little onion with the sausage and my recipe calls for a dozen eggs, and less milk. Can get a little salty, I use less.
I've had this recipe for years and I used it every holiday and when I have a family brunch. So easy to make. I mix it the night before, cover it and refrigerate in baking dish over night. Pull it out in the morning and bake for 1 hour. It's ready to go when you are! And get complements galore, they think you spent hours making it. I can't say enough about it!!! I rate it 5 stars ++
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >