Sausage and Egg Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, salt and mustard. Stir in bread cubes, cheese and sausage.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage and Egg Casserole
Sort By :
"Great recipe, easy to prepare, inexpensive, and no fuss in the morning when people are hungry. I like to use Chorizo sausage with red and green bell peppers for a southwest flavor. I want to try it with potatoes too ( must pre-cook potatoes. ) Made three for Thanksgiving morning , all different ingredients, all came out great."
"Excellent and easy! I altered it by adding 1/2 of a 10 oz. box of frozen spinach, thawed and well drained and an extra 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese sprinkled on the top of the casserole before baking. Nice size recipe for smaller gatherings as well."
"Very tasty dish. I appreciated how quick and easy it was to put together with limited kitchen mess. I removed some of the excess fat from the sausage by putting the cooked sausage between layers of paper towels and blotting up a little of the grease. I liked the fact that the bread wasn't mushy like I've had in some egg bakes. One key to a firm egg bake dish is letting the dish "rest" for 5-10 minutes after taking it out of the oven. I am happy to add this recipe to my on-line Taste of Home recipe file."
"I'd love to make this but would like to know if this can be made then frozen for later?..."
"Great easy recipe and I like quick and easy :-)"