Sausage and Egg Casserole
For the perfect combination of eggs, sausage, bread and cheese, this is the dish to try. My mom and I like it because it bakes up tender and golden, slices beautifully and goes over well whenever we serve it.
-Gayle Grigg, Phoenix, Arizona
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain and set aside. In a
- large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, salt and mustard. Stir in bread
- cubes, cheese and sausage.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate
- for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes
- before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until
- a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 248 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 633 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling