Sausage and Egg Bake Recipe
The original recipe for this was so rich and fill of fat, I made it only a few times. Lighter ingredients now allow me to enjoy it often.—Jeanette Brower, Huber Heights, Ohio
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen breakfast turkey sausage links, thawed
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup cubed reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain if necessary. In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk, salt and pepper. Add the bread, sausage and cheese; mix well.
- 2. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, covered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly and bread is lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving equals 244 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 960 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Sausage and Egg Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC