Sausage and Creamed Corn Casserole Recipe
Now that I'm retired. I have more time for cooking delightful dishes like this country-style casserole. It always disappears whenever I take it to a potluck.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1-1/4 cups herb-seasoned crumb stuffing mix, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage, onion and green pepper until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add 1 cup stuffing mix, corn and parsley. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine butter and remaining stuffing mix; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 194 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 586mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Sausage and Creamed Corn Casserole
Reviewed May. 28, 2013
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC