Now that I'm retired. I have more time for cooking delightful dishes like this country-style casserole. It always disappears whenever I take it to a potluck.
Recommended: Easy Labor Day Recipes Made in a 13x9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1-1/4 cups herb-seasoned crumb stuffing mix, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- In a skillet, cook sausage, onion and green pepper until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add 1 cup stuffing mix, corn and parsley. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine butter and remaining stuffing mix; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage and Creamed Corn Casserole in Country Pork 1996, p19
Reviews forSausage and Creamed Corn Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 28, 2013