Now that I'm retired. I have more time for cooking delightful dishes like this country-style casserole. It always disappears whenever I take it to a potluck.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1-1/4 cups herb-seasoned crumb stuffing mix, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- In a skillet, cook sausage, onion and green pepper until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add 1 cup stuffing mix, corn and parsley. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine butter and remaining stuffing mix; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage and Creamed Corn Casserole in Country Pork 1996, p19
Reviews for Sausage and Creamed Corn Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 28, 2013