Sausage and Cheese Stromboli Recipe
One taste of this yummy sausage loaf at a Christmas party years ago, and I knew I'd be taking the recipe home for the holidays. A hit back then, it's become a family tradition. I like to serve it with hash brown potatoes and a fruit salad.
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Picante sauce
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the cheeses, eggs, parsley, salt and hot pepper sauce; cool.
- 2. Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions. Roll dough into a 17-in. x 14-in. rectangle. Spoon filling over dough to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Seal seams and tuck ends under. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with picante sauce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Sausage and Cheese Stromboli
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC