- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove crusts from bread; cut bread into 1-in. cubes. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle the sausage and cheese over bread cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over the sausage and cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage and Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
Sort By :
My family loves this dish. I substitute venison sausage in place of the pork breakfast sausage.
I make this recipe all of the time! It's one of my husband's favorites. One of my go to recipes (I hate to say it but I even have the recipe memorized). I just made it today for my family for breakfast. It is so quick and easy and a great way to use leftover bread!
I doubled the recipe and added some onion and bell peppers.... I was glad for the extra flavor from that, but overall disappointed in the blandness of the dish.
I have made this several times. I vary the meats (ham, breakfast pork sausage, Italian sausage...almost anything you have will work). I like to use 3 slices of bread, for a firmer texture. Yummy.
Okay recipe when you are in a hurry.