Sausage and Cheddar Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Remove crusts from bread; cut bread into 1-in. cubes. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In a small skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle the sausage and cheese over bread cubes.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over the sausage and cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 293 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 203 mg cholesterol, 610 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.