Sausage and Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
This is a good breakfast dish when you're short on time. It's simple to prepare and can be made early or even frozen until needed.
2-4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove crusts from bread; cut bread into 1-in. cubes. Place in a
- greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Sprinkle the sausage and cheese over bread
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour
- over the sausage and cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or
- until puffed and golden. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 293 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 203 mg cholesterol, 610 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.