- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove crusts from bread; cut bread into 1-in. cubes. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle the sausage and cheese over bread cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over the sausage and cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage and Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
Sort By :
"My family loves this dish. I substitute venison sausage in place of the pork breakfast sausage."
"I make this recipe all of the time! It's one of my husband's favorites. One of my go to recipes (I hate to say it but I even have the recipe memorized). I just made it today for my family for breakfast. It is so quick and easy and a great way to use leftover bread!"
"I doubled the recipe and added some onion and bell peppers.... I was glad for the extra flavor from that, but overall disappointed in the blandness of the dish."
"I have made this several times. I vary the meats (ham, breakfast pork sausage, Italian sausage...almost anything you have will work). I like to use 3 slices of bread, for a firmer texture. Yummy."
"Okay recipe when you are in a hurry."