This is a good breakfast dish when you're short on time. It's simple to prepare and can be made early or even frozen until needed. -Sorrel Pickle Arcadia, Florida
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove crusts from bread; cut bread into 1-in. cubes. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle the sausage and cheese over bread cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over the sausage and cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Casserole in Reminisce July/August 2005, p50
Reviews for Sausage and Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review