- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cups seasoned salad croutons
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the broccoli, croutons and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, soup and milk. Pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with French-fried onions. Bake for 3-5 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage and Broccoli Bake
Sort By :
"this is fast and easy, I have made it several times, I usually don't make it for breakfast though I make it for lunch or dinner"
"I cook for a harvest crew and this is one that they ask for on a regular basis. It's an easy one dish meal that fills their tummy and keeps them going. I end up multiplying the recipe so I can serve 16 guys but it still turns out great! The only adjustment I had to make is the cooking time and temp. This is a keeper!"