Sausage and Bean Soup Recipe
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced halved fresh carrots
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces smoked Polish sausage, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh marjoram or 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in carrots and potatoes; cook for 2 minutes. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 9-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the sausage, green beans, kidney beans, parsley, salt, pepper and marjoram; heat through. Sprinkle with reserved bacon. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Sausage and Bean Soup in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p50
Reviews for Sausage and Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review