I created this recipe to mimic restaurant Alfredo pasta dishes. It's half the cost and comes together almost as quickly as I could order takeout! —Marlene Bautch, Hixton, Wisconsin
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (15 ounces) roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in Alfredo sauce. Drain pasta and stir into skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Alfredo in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p28
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review