Sausage Alfredo Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Ragú® Roasted Garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in Alfredo sauce. Drain pasta and stir into skillet; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup equals 582 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,299 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.