I created this recipe to mimic restaurant Alfredo pasta dishes. It's half the cost and comes together almost as quickly as I could order takeout! —Marlene Bautch, Hixton, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (15 ounces) roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper, onion
- and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce. Drain pasta and stir into skillet; heat
- through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cup equals 582 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,299 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now