I get creative in the kitchen with dishes like this when we're too busy to go to the grocery store. My daughter loves this dish, and it's easy for little fingers to pick up while still learning to use utensils. —Carla Andrews, Lorton, Virginia
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook sausage 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add spinach and tomatoes; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in gnocchi and spaghetti sauce; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage, Spinach and Gnocchi in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage, Spinach and Gnocchi
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review