Sausage 'n' Noodle Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 1-1/2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked and drained
- Fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add cabbage, onion, and carrot; mix well. Dissolve the bouillon in water; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until the vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream, salt and pepper. Heat through. Transfer to a serving bowl; add hot noodles and toss. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 498 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 953mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Sausage 'n' Noodle Dinner
"This is an excellent dish for disguising cabbage. My sweetie hates cabbage and refuses to eat it. Surprise, he ate it unknowingly! I had no issues with the leftovers not being good. Perhaps I tend to under-cook my pasta in order to reheat later. Thanks for sharing, this recipe is a keeper."
"Very good and filling. My husband said add a little more sour cream so it was not so dry..will make again!"
"I took this to a large family gathering. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. I will be making this again for my family"
"My husband loved this! And my toddlers gobbled it up, too. I only used about 8 oz of sour cream, and thought that was plenty. Thanks for the delicious recipe!"
"I made this recipe tonight to try something new and different. The only things I did differently were using hot italian sausage, only a half of a head of cabbage and I omitted the carrot. It turned out delicious and I will definitely be making this again!"
"I made this for my family one evening for dinner. My husband a daughter loved it and I will definitely make it again. It was not, however, very good as a leftover. I'll make a smaller batch next time for only three people."