- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 1-1/2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked and drained
- Fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add cabbage, onion, and carrot; mix well. Dissolve the bouillon in water; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until the vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream, salt and pepper. Heat through. Transfer to a serving bowl; add hot noodles and toss. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage 'n' Noodle Dinner
Sort By :
"This is an excellent dish for disguising cabbage. My sweetie hates cabbage and refuses to eat it. Surprise, he ate it unknowingly! I had no issues with the leftovers not being good. Perhaps I tend to under-cook my pasta in order to reheat later. Thanks for sharing, this recipe is a keeper."
"Very good and filling. My husband said add a little more sour cream so it was not so dry..will make again!"
"I took this to a large family gathering. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. I will be making this again for my family"
"My husband loved this! And my toddlers gobbled it up, too. I only used about 8 oz of sour cream, and thought that was plenty. Thanks for the delicious recipe!"
"I made this recipe tonight to try something new and different. The only things I did differently were using hot italian sausage, only a half of a head of cabbage and I omitted the carrot. It turned out delicious and I will definitely be making this again!"