- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 1-1/2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked and drained
- Fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add cabbage, onion, and carrot; mix well. Dissolve the bouillon in water; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until the vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream, salt and pepper. Heat through. Transfer to a serving bowl; add hot noodles and toss. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sausage 'n' Noodle Dinner
Sort By :
My husband loved this! And my toddlers gobbled it up, too. I only used about 8 oz of sour cream, and thought that was plenty. Thanks for the delicious recipe!
I made this recipe tonight to try something new and different. The only things I did differently were using hot italian sausage, only a half of a head of cabbage and I omitted the carrot. It turned out delicious and I will definitely be making this again!
I made this for my family one evening for dinner. My husband a daughter loved it and I will definitely make it again. It was not, however, very good as a leftover. I'll make a smaller batch next time for only three people.