I adapted this dish from a recipe my German grandmother gave me. It reminds me of my heritage whenever I make it.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 1-1/2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked and drained
- Fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add cabbage, onion, and carrot; mix well. Dissolve the bouillon in water; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until the vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream, salt and pepper. Heat through. Transfer to a serving bowl; add hot noodles and toss. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage 'n' Noodle Dinner in Country February/March 1996, p51
Reviews for Sausage 'n' Noodle Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review