Why pay restaurant prices when you can make it yourself at home? This savory breakfast sandwich is so simple, you can whip it up on a weekday morning. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup Quick Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage patties
- 2 slices process American cheese
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix and water just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 3-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs and chives. Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until set. Heat sausage patties according to package directions.
- To assemble, split each biscuit; layer with a cheese slice, sausage patty and scrambled eggs. Replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sausage 'n' Egg Biscuits in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p53
Reviews for Sausage 'n' Egg Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2012
"There needs to be a recipe for sausage and egg biscuits?"