Sausage 'n' Egg Biscuits Recipe
Why pay restaurant prices when you can make it yourself at home? This savory breakfast sandwich is so simple, you can whip it up on a weekday morning. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup Quick Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage patties
- 2 slices process American cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine baking mix and water just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 3-in. biscuit cutter.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs and chives. Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until set. Heat sausage patties according to package directions.
- 4. To assemble, split each biscuit; layer with a cheese slice, sausage patty and scrambled eggs. Replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 biscuit equals 405 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 244 mg cholesterol, 822 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC