Sausage 'N' Chicken Casserole
Meat-and-potato fans will fall for this recipe because simple seasonings bring out the flavors.#151;Alice Ceresa, Rochester, New York
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 5 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small
- bowl, combine the salt, oregano, paprika and garlic salt; sprinkle
- half over potatoes.
- Arrange sausage and chicken over the potatoes. Drizzle with oil;
- sprinkle with remaining seasonings.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 170°. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 397 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,109 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.