Sausage 'N' Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 5 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the salt, oregano, paprika and garlic salt; sprinkle half over potatoes.
- 2. Arrange sausage and chicken over the potatoes. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with remaining seasonings.
- 3. Cover and bake at 400° for 55-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 397 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,109 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage 'N' Chicken Casserole
"I thought this was very bland and the chicken turned out very dry. I ended up making chicken barley soup with the leftover chicken and ate the sausage and potatoes separate."
"Yummy! Will definitely make again."
"This is a very tastey dish which we all enjoyed. Definitely would make it again."
"Really easy and flavorful! A great hit with my whole family. The potatoes were nice and soft and the seasoning blend was delicious. I actually used hot italian turkey sausage and it turned out great."
"It took 4 hours to soften the potatoes and cook the chicken... Seriously. The driest chicken I have ever tasted. Waste of my Friday evening and such a dissapointment. And I DID follow the instructions."
"Very good! My hubby loved this."
"Great recipe! Country style very good"
"Made this last night. Very good! Will make again."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.