Sausage 'n' Broccoli Corn Muffins Recipe
Serve these along with a bowl of chili, and you have a hit for a cold weather day.—Verlene Hendricks, Roswell, New Mexico
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled cooked Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2/3 cup fresh broccoli florets, cooked, finely chopped and patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped green chilies
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, salt, garlic powder and cayenne. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Combine the sausage, broccoli and chilies; fold into batter.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 189 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC