Sausage 'n' Black Bean Pasta
For a hot and hearty meal, try this super-quick, super-easy pasta dish you can fix in a flash. Serve up this recipe from our Test Kitchen with a tossed salad and bread for a fast, wholesome meal.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (4.4 ounces) jalapeno jack pasta mix
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- Prepare the pasta mix according to package directions. Stir in
- sausage and black beans; heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Lipton pasta mix.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 515 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,422 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.