Sausage, Hominy and Egg Brunch
This casserole spotlights hominy, which is a basic ingredient in Southern cooking. It's especially nice to serve on cold winter days for a hearty brunch or supper.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) yellow hominy, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Spoon into a
- 2-1/2-qt. ungreased baking dish. Cover with layers of eggs and
- hominy. Combine soup, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce; spread
- over hominy. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine bread crumbs and butter;
- sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or
- until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 391 calories, 30 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 228 mg cholesterol, 954 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.