Sausage, Hominy and Egg Brunch Recipe
This casserole spotlights hominy, which is a basic ingredient in Southern cooking. It's especially nice to serve on cold winter days for a hearty brunch or supper.
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) yellow hominy, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Spoon into a 2-1/2-qt. ungreased baking dish. Cover with layers of eggs and hominy. Combine soup, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce; spread over hominy. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 391 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 954mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Sausage, Hominy and Egg Brunch
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC