Sausage, Egg and Cheddar Farmer's Breakfast Recipe
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Whisk the eggs, milk, parsley and salt; set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; remove and drain. In the same skillet, cook potatoes and onion for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Return sausage to the pan.
- 2. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 330 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 364mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Sausage, Egg and Cheddar Farmer's Breakfast
"I baked it in a in a deep dish pie pan. I started at 350 for 30 minutes and then turned it up to 375 for about another 10 minutes. Very good!"
"Love it! Didn't have the frozen hash browns so I cubed potatoes and it turned out great!!For a leaner version, I will try it with turkey bacon some time.Since I rush out the door at 5:30 am for work, I warmed up some leftovers and it was just as good and kept me full until lunch!"
"we make this the night before... set out 30 min.before baking"
"Sounds like a great breakfast. When I make it tomorrow morning, the only thing I will change is to use sliced green onions instead of "regular onion"."
"I have to leave out the onions because I am allergic, but even without them it is very good."