Sausage, Egg and Cheddar Farmer's Breakfast
“When we’re camping, we eat a late breakfast, so this hearty combination of sausage, hash browns and eggs is just right.” —Bonnie Roberts, Newaygo, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Whisk the eggs, milk, parsley and salt; set aside. In a large
- skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; remove
- and drain. In the same skillet, cook potatoes and onion for 5-7
- minutes or until tender. Return sausage to the pan.
- Add egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 330 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 364 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.