Stuffed mushrooms get a flavorful kick with the addition of breakfast sausage, cornbread and tangy feta cheese. Bookmark this recipe for your next party. Recipe provided by Jones Sausage
- 30-35 baby bella (crimini) mushrooms
- 1 (7 oz) package Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Sausage Links, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups prepared cornbread, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms, and brush any dirt off of caps; set aside.
- Add chopped sausage, onions and butter to medium-sized pan and cook 5 to 6 minutes until onions are translucent and soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in crumbled cornbread (this can be store bought or made at home from a mix or recipe), parsley and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When cool enough to handle, stuff 1 generous tablespoon of stuffing into each mushroom cap and place, stuffing side up, on a lightly greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until stuffing is golden brown and mushrooms are tender.Serve hot or at room temperature. Yield: 35 servings
Originally published as Sausage, Cornbread & Feta Stuffed Mushrooms in Jones Sausage 2016