Sausage & Vegetable Skillet Dinner Recipe
I threw this together one night trying to use up produce before going out of town. Who knew it was going to be such a hit! Now it’s a go-to recipe that I use when I don’t have much time to cook or wash dishes. —Elizabeth Kelley, Chicago, Illinois
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 7 medium), thinly sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1. In a 12-in. skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion; cook and stir until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Add potatoes, corn, broth and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cups equals 413 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC