- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 7 medium), thinly sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a 12-in. skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion; cook and stir until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add potatoes, corn, broth and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sausage & Vegetable Skillet Dinner
Sort By :
"We liked it. I followed the recipe as written except I used a half a head of cabbage instead if the spinach. I added the cabbage at the same time as the potatoes and they where both done nicely at 15 minutes. This is not gourmet food, but it is hardy and tasty."
"We all have our favorite veggies, these are good ones in this recipe. I did a few things differently to suit my tastes. Otherwise a good one to follow."
"nice combination and very easy to prepare. I will probably add extra spinach. It got lost."
"Did it pretty much as is but for the sausages. I use italian and other kinds. Add a bit more red pepper flakes and use water instead of the broth. And I threw in chunks of tofu for everyone to enjoy. By slicing the potatoes thinner the cooking time is pretty much 15-20 minutes. Very tasty recipe. Everyone had second and third helpings!"
"I did not use the spinach bc my family doesn't like spinach everything else I followed like the recipe and I did not like it. It had good flavor but I felt that something was missing. Maybe a little more crushed red pepper flakes and shredded cheese would do the trick. It did take closer to 45 minutes to cook so the potatoes weren't undercooked. My son seemed to love it though and he has been going through a picky eater stage so that was good!"