- 1/2 pound maple pork sausage
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- Salsa, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in sweet potato, onion, chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in another nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan; immediately reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, 5-6 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks just begin to thicken. If desired, carefully turn eggs and cook second side to desired doneness. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Serve hash with eggs and, if desired, salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage & Sweet Potato Hash in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews for Sausage & Sweet Potato Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2015
"Outstanding. The recipe yields 4 servings, but 3 people can easily devour this!"