A classic Florentine casserole has spinach and cheese. I make a yummy version with mozzarella, mushrooms and sausage. It’s gone in the blink of an eye at our house. —Noelle Carle, Bristow, Oklahoma
Recommended: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Drain.
- Add spinach, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and cream to sausage mixture; cook and stir until blended. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; press perforations to seal. Place over sausage mixture. Bake, covered, 10 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes longer or until golden brown and filling is bubbly. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage & Spinach Crescent Bake in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Reviews for Sausage & Spinach Crescent Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2016
"Filling, tasty, and simple to make."