Sausage & Spinach Calzones
These are perfect for quick lunches or a midnight snack. My nurse coworkers always ask me to make them when it's my turn to bring in lunch. —Kourtney Williams, Mechanicsville, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink. Meanwhile, unroll pizza crust; pat into a 15-in. x 11-in.
- rectangle. Cut into four rectangles. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over
- half of each rectangle to within 1 in. of edges.
- Drain sausage. Add spinach; cook and stir over medium heat until
- spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the ricotta cheese,
- salt and pepper; spread over mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over
- filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-15
- minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 calzone equals 452 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,220 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.