Sausage & Spinach Calzones Recipe
These are perfect for quick lunches or a midnight snack. My nurse coworkers always ask me to make them when it's my turn to bring in lunch. —Kourtney Williams, Mechanicsville, Virginia
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, unroll pizza crust; pat into a 15x11-in. rectangle. Cut into four rectangles. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over half of each rectangle to within 1 in. of edges.
- 2. Drain sausage. Add spinach; cook and stir over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat. Stir in ricotta cheese, salt and pepper; spread over mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- 3. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
1 calzone equals 452 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,220 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC