Sausage & Salsa Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 5 breakfast turkey sausage links
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) egg substitute
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook sausage links according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, salsa and pepper. Pour into a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are nearly set. Chop the sausage links. Add to egg mixture; cook and stir until completely set.
- 2. Spoon 1/3 cup egg mixture off center on each tortilla and sprinkle with 4 teaspoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
1 burrito equals 265 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 602 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.