Sausage & Salsa Breakfast Burritos
The best of breakfast gets wrapped up snugly in a hand-held feast for a guilt-free meal on the go. —Michelle Burnett, Eden, Utah
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 breakfast turkey sausage links
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) egg substitute
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook sausage links according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, salsa and pepper. Pour into a
- large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook and stir over
- medium heat until eggs are nearly set. Chop the sausage links. Add
- to egg mixture; cook and stir until completely set.
- Spoon 1/3 cup egg mixture off center on each tortilla and sprinkle
- with 4 teaspoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll
- up. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burrito equals 265 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 602 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.