Sausage & Rice Stew Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a Dutch oven, saute the kielbasa, onion, shallots, jalapeno and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Add the water, broth, beans, rice and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in spinach. Cook 5 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage & Rice Stew(3)
Sort By :
Really enjoyed this recipe. Its too heavy on sodium for me to eat often on my diet but the flavor was great. Definitly having it again.
The jalapeno in this recipe is very subtle and gives a really nice flavor. It's also very filling, without eating a lot, and you aren't hungry again just a few hours later.
This was fantastic my husband and I loved it and I will be making it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Stew Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >