- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring 2-1/2 cups broth and water to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle boil; slowly whisk in cornmeal. Cook and stir with a wooden spoon 15-20 minutes or until polenta is thickened and pulls away cleanly from sides of pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage, peppers and onion; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add remaining broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; heat through.
- Remove polenta from heat; stir in cheese, milk and butter until cheese is melted. Serve with sausage mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage & Peppers with Cheese Polenta in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2015, p130
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage & Peppers with Cheese Polenta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review