Apples and sausage make an excellent sweet-and-savory pair. Trial and error made this recipe one my family always asks for time and time again.—Ethel Sanders, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Featured In: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Mix biscuit mix, milk, eggs and oil until blended; stir in sausage. Transfer biscuit mixture to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with apples; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake until set, 30-45 minutes. Serve with syrup.
- To make ahead: Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator; uncover and let stand while oven heats. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage & Pancake Bake in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Sausage & Pancake Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review