Sausage & Egg Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1. Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles and place on a greased 14-in. round pizza pan with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form a crust; seal seams. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Prepare gravy according to package directions. Stir into sausage mixture; set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set. Spread gravy mixture over crust. Top with eggs, mushrooms and cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 615 calories, 44g fat (17g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 1458mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Sausage & Egg Breakfast Pizza
"We really enjoyed this. I omitted the mushrooms since my husband doesn't care for them and used turkey sausage instead if pork."
"Fixed this for a group at our retreat center and they all wanted the recipe. So good! I subbed diced ham and turkey for the sausage to bring down the fat and sodium. Also sautéed the veggies and meat the night before, added the gravy, and just heated that up in a saucepan the next morning."
"I made this for Christmas brunch & it was wonderful. I did substitute Schwan's pizza dough & baked it about 9 minutes before putting the toppings on. It reheated great the next day for leftovers!"
"Wow! Look at the sodium content. More than a day's worth."
"We loved this recipe!! I made it just like the recipe and it was a big hit!"
"My family & friends always compliment me when I make this for them. Very delicious!"
"I used cheddar , swiss & mozarella cheese. It was a big hit. I'm making it again , but this time I'm using Italian sausage, green & sweet red peppers. I used prebaked pizza crust, also."
"AWESOME. That's almost all you have to say.My family loves it and I have passed the recipe many times"
"I would make this again but a smaller version --- with gravy and all, it was too generous for 2 ! ! !"
"This was absolutely delicious and SO easy to make! It's going in the permanent recipe file!"
"I would definitely make this again - we loved it!!! I left off the mushrooms and used all sharp cheddar cheese. . . Loved the country gravy on it!!"
"I took this to my son's 5th grade graduation breakfast and it received rave reviews. Teachers as well as students wanted the recipe."