- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles and place on a greased 14-in. round pizza pan with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form a crust; seal seams. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Prepare gravy according to package directions. Stir into sausage mixture; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set. Spread gravy mixture over crust. Top with eggs, mushrooms and cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sausage & Egg Breakfast Pizza
"Fixed this for a group at our retreat center and they all wanted the recipe. So good! I subbed diced ham and turkey for the sausage to bring down the fat and sodium. Also sautéed the veggies and meat the night before, added the gravy, and just heated that up in a saucepan the next morning."
"I made this for Christmas brunch & it was wonderful. I did substitute Schwan's pizza dough & baked it about 9 minutes before putting the toppings on. It reheated great the next day for leftovers!"
"Wow! Look at the sodium content. More than a day's worth."
"We loved this recipe!! I made it just like the recipe and it was a big hit!"
"My family & friends always compliment me when I make this for them. Very delicious!"
"I used cheddar , swiss & mozarella cheese. It was a big hit. I'm making it again , but this time I'm using Italian sausage, green & sweet red peppers. I used prebaked pizza crust, also."
"AWESOME. That's almost all you have to say.My family loves it and I have passed the recipe many times"
"I would make this again but a smaller version --- with gravy and all, it was too generous for 2 ! ! !"
"This was absolutely delicious and SO easy to make! It's going in the permanent recipe file!"