“I made up this recipe after trying something similar at a restaurant. My husband thinks my version is better, and he often requests it for a filling breakfast or supper.” Julie Tucker - Columbus, Nebraska
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles and place on a greased 14-in. round pizza pan with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form a crust; seal seams. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Prepare gravy according to package directions. Stir into sausage mixture; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set. Spread gravy mixture over crust. Top with eggs, mushrooms and cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage & Egg Breakfast Pizza in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p52
Reviews for Sausage & Egg Breakfast Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review