- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over sausage and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked casserole, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sausage & Crescent Roll Casserole
"I love this recipe. I was not sure about the 2 cups of milk, I thought that was too much and was afraid it would be soggy. I made it according to the recipe except I added green peppers and onions. It was perfect. The second time, I needed to take it to work so I prepared the crescents and added the meat and cheese the night before. In the morning, I poured the eggs over it and baked it. This is very easy and versatile."
"Made this for my husbands breakfast group and they loved it - but added way too much hot sauce for me but it was a hit."